The reasons for this blog: 1. To provide basic author information for students, teachers, librarians, etc. (Please see sidebar) 2. I think out loud a lot as I work through writing projects, and I'm trying to dump most of those thoughts here rather than on my friends.

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Working on dead guy chapter. I need to create some kind of phrase bank, perhaps random words generated by the computer, that all add up to "They went____" or "He headed____." Into the woods, across the field, into the house, whatever. It's this kind of stuff that kills me, it's so simple yet takes so much of my time. It means nothing, it's almost invisible, and yet it must be written--and it's hard for me.

Was thinking again that I really would like to be able to recognize what it means when I come to a stop. I'm not at a stop right now, but I know I will be again, and I just wish I knew how to quickly tell whether it's because I need to think carefully what happens next, or whether I f*cked up and went off track and need to reconsider something basic about the ms. Because if the latter is what's going on, it's deadly to the ms if I just keep moving forward.

Blog Archive