The reasons for this blog: 1. To provide basic author information for students, teachers, librarians, etc. (Please see sidebar) 2. I think out loud a lot as I work through writing projects, and I'm trying to dump most of those thoughts here rather than on my friends.

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Sent first chapters to a writer friend to see if I can get some outside help in clarifying what I already have on paper. Chapter 2 fizzles out with no ending, then Chapter 3 picks up out of nowhere, and I'm not sure where to head with it--what the reader wants from it, exactly. I don't feel stuck, just confused and unwilling to screw up what I already have by aimlessly tinkering. I feel like the ms could be starting to go somewhere, and I want to continue to feel that way. It may be one of those situations where nobody else can help me straighten it out, but we'll see.

Blog Archive