The reasons for this blog: 1. To provide basic author information for students, teachers, librarians, etc. (Please see sidebar) 2. I think out loud a lot as I work through writing projects, and I'm trying to dump most of those thoughts here rather than on my friends.

Monday, June 29, 2009

I tried thinking about the rest of the story last night, but my thoughts (and my outline) petered out into the same old plot stuff: This happens, then that, then something else. I dunno. I'm trying very, very hard to not write another bazillion-word ms that has to be trashed and redone from scratch. The thought of another from-the-ground-up overhaul strikes fear into my soul. No--it strikes despair into my soul, that's what it does. Anyway, I'm going to look and see if I can find this thing I use sometimes, that a writer friend developed, that in the past has helped me define plot in terms of character. It's sort of like the Cheryl Klein outline, but more complex and more character-oriented. The question is, where did I put it?

Blog Archive