The reasons for this blog: 1. To provide basic author information for students, teachers, librarians, etc. (Please see sidebar) 2. I think out loud a lot as I work through writing projects, and I'm trying to dump most of those thoughts here rather than on my friends.

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Spent some time this morning basking in the glow of some excellent news from a writer friend. It was time very well spent. There is nothing like seeing a ms I love get the love from someplace else, especially when the writer has persisted over years, through all kinds of ups and downs, down to that bare-bones bottom line: this is something I feel deeply about; this is something I am whole-heartedly committed to, no matter what.

In a way, I like basking in other people's excellent news better than my own, because when I get good news I automatically start looking over my shoulder, waiting for the smackdown. The universe does not like me to ride too high, and I know it. But with other people's good news, I can just be whole-heartedly committed to happiness.

So anyway, after a good amount of basking, I managed to get a wee bit done on my WIP, easing my way back into it a little. I rewrote some stuff I had, putting myself more in scene, getting into it more, so I think it's a good start. There will probably not be much writing time tomorrow, but there ought to be a little, and then maybe Thursday I can really get into it mentally, because I think there may be a big chunk of time on Thurs. We'll see if I can make that time count or not--I'd love to milk every moment for all it's worth--but who knows if the writing gods will cooperate.

Blog Archive