The reasons for this blog: 1. To provide basic author information for students, teachers, librarians, etc. (Please see sidebar) 2. I think out loud a lot as I work through writing projects, and I'm trying to dump most of those thoughts here rather than on my friends.

Monday, March 2, 2009

Okay, now maybe I can get back into my own stuff a little. Maybe. Time is short, these days.

I'm going to work on the swordfighting ms. Had some thoughts re. the dad; he needs to not die on the spot but be carried back to the old homestead and die there. He needs time to talk, because otherwise my MC is going to go off half-cocked. Well, he (MC) already is, but I was thinking about it and realized he'll go off even more half-cocked if the dad doesn't rein him in a little before he (dad) dies. The MC needs that leash, or he'll turn too far against the status quo.

Also thought about former GN a little. I am very uncomfortable with one thing that happens in it, and I was thinking that I really don't want to write that. It's not my story to tell, and I feel morally ill at ease with the idea of injecting myself into this subject. However, it is part of the story, traditionally, and it really does sort of need to be in there or I'm watering down the entire world. I'm trying to think of ways to cut it, trying to think of ways around it, trying to think what I'd have to do to make myself comfortable with it, trying to think how to make it smaller and therefore something I could grasp both emotionally and comfort-wise. No solution is presenting itself thus far.

Blog Archive