The reasons for this blog: 1. To provide basic author information for students, teachers, librarians, etc. (Please see sidebar) 2. I think out loud a lot as I work through writing projects, and I'm trying to dump most of those thoughts here rather than on my friends.

Monday, August 31, 2009

Today I skipped over the middle and started shaping up the later middle (Menelaus) and end (Paris). I've been avoiding the Paris part till now because I know it's not anything like the rest of the book in tone. It's the only part that was written entirely in graphic novel form, and it shows, being nearly all dialog and coming off as glib, and also as more of a character study of Paris than anything. So, will have to start thinking about how to bring the questions that drive the ms into that section, and how to make it about Helen, and how and when to bring something besides dialog into it. I can already tell that I'm going to have a tendency to get all didactic and start telling the reader what to understand and what to feel, so I'll have to remember that when I get that way, it's pre-writing and not the real thing.

Blog Archive