The reasons for this blog: 1. To provide basic author information for students, teachers, librarians, etc. (Please see sidebar) 2. I think out loud a lot as I work through writing projects, and I'm trying to dump most of those thoughts here rather than on my friends.

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Need to work out how to move from general narration to specific scenes. It's weird in this WIP, because each page is an entity to itself, so the flow is completely different from a normal book. There aren't many (if any) transitions; the general narration, which is mostly telling about the culture, the relationships, and the world of the book, leads straight into specific scenes. So over and over I have something like "They do things a certain way because blah blah blah. And so one night the MC is doing things that certain way, when....". It feels wrong, it feels splotchy and disconnected.

I dunno. Maybe I'm just being neurotic about it. Well, I know I'm being neurotic about it, but maybe this time it's in a non-constructive way.

Blog Archive