The reasons for this blog: 1. To provide basic author information for students, teachers, librarians, etc. (Please see sidebar) 2. I think out loud a lot as I work through writing projects, and I'm trying to dump most of those thoughts here rather than on my friends.

Friday, November 28, 2008

Something came up on Wed. re. a potential w-f-h job, so I've been having to work on that. However, I did write a little on my WIP yesterday--trimmed up and rearranged according to new parameters. Today, the same.

Is it any better than it was? Who knows. Anyway, tonight I looked at a fairly sizable chunk and thought: Do I really need this? At the moment, I'm thinking not. I need to look at it again, tonight or tomorrow--and if I don't see any immediate use for it, out it goes.

There's a lot of stuff I love and enjoy working on, but I can't baby this ms and keep stuff that doesn't have any purpose whatsoever--and more than that, leads the reader away from the parts that do have purpose.

Sometimes liking something a lot even when it doesn't seem to fit means that it really does fit, that my gut knows something my brain doesn't. But usually...it really doesn't fit. Sad but true.

Blog Archive