The reasons for this blog: 1. To provide basic author information for students, teachers, librarians, etc. (Please see sidebar) 2. I think out loud a lot as I work through writing projects, and I'm trying to dump most of those thoughts here rather than on my friends.

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Busy today, but got a bit of writing in. I realized I was undercutting myself by having two mildly confrontational scenes involving the same characters about the same subject. I hadn't noticed it till now; I guess I thought I was building something-or-other by having the confrontations escalate, but today I suddenly saw it in a different light and realized I'm just clogging things up to have two of them. So the first one is gone.

I went to get some mailers today and saw this cool expanding folder thing and bought it because I thought it was on sale, but it wasn't. Office supplies are one of my vices, up there with books and Diet Pepsi. I have been really good about not buying books lately, and I shouldn't have bought the damn expanding folder...but I did. And it's really cool. I've got about ten million things on my desk that could go in it. The last one I bought like this was clear, and it's got my swordfighting research in it.

Blog Archive