The reasons for this blog: 1. To provide basic author information for students, teachers, librarians, etc. (Please see sidebar) 2. I think out loud a lot as I work through writing projects, and I'm trying to dump most of those thoughts here rather than on my friends.

Monday, November 17, 2008

I took yesterday off from writing on purpose. Just decided to take a break, no reason. Today I somehow ended up back at the scene I'd lost focus on a few days ago, and suddenly had no problems with it. For some reason, it was a lot clearer and I had no trouble seeing the big picture. I guess that could be because I took a day off. But I wonder if skipping around in the ms is actually a good way to go, if it helps me see things in more of a snapshot-y, broken-up way--which is the way I want to see this. I'm not going to go so far as to say that working on a different area of the ms every day should be my plan of attack, but it's something to keep in mind. Because I freakin' hate getting stuck. The ms is this inert mass when it should be stretching to take form, and I feel my life ticking away while I just sit there watching it, knowing it needs me to do something, only neither of us knows what.

Blog Archive