The reasons for this blog: 1. To provide basic author information for students, teachers, librarians, etc. (Please see sidebar) 2. I think out loud a lot as I work through writing projects, and I'm trying to dump most of those thoughts here rather than on my friends.

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

severe moment of writerly panic

Writer friend sends link to some other writer's blog entry where other writer confidently lists some rules about writing. Do this, never do that. Put this here, always. Be sure not to X. Suddenly I'm like, why am I not this positive? If I were that positive, maybe I wouldn't be working on the same thing for 2+ years. Am I not that positive because I'm just not a very good writer? That would explain why it takes me so long to work on something that's likely to end up sucky anyway! I suck, that's why! Panic! Panic! Panic!

Anyhoo. They can take away my confidence, but they'll have to pry the keyboard from my cold, dead hand. You don't need confidence, in writing. Just a word processor. Or at least a tablet and pencil.

Blog Archive