The reasons for this blog: 1. To provide basic author information for students, teachers, librarians, etc. (Please see sidebar) 2. I think out loud a lot as I work through writing projects, and I'm trying to dump most of those thoughts here rather than on my friends.

Sunday, September 7, 2008

I cut the first five chapters into seven (or at least I think I did; I don't wanna look). Pulled some backstory in at the very end of what is currently chapter six. It may be too much, though, and may have to be cut. I dunno. This is such an excruciatingly slow pace of work. I have so much of the story in my head and have already used it in so many different places and in so many different ways that I can't see what it looks like anymore until it's actually on the paper. I have to change fonts and margins to trick my eyes into thinking they haven't seen it before, print it out and reread it. Then I fix things and smooth them out. This is how I always work at certain points, but not usually this early and not usually this often. I can't even get a single chapter under my belt without going over it multiple times. This is worrisome because at this rate I'm going to run out of fonts and margins before I get halfway through. And I have no intention of setting this aside to work on something else for a while. I want to work on this, till I get one full draft.

This process is working; the story is growing and taking shape and I have a clearer view of the part I've revised. It's in order, and it is mostly functional. But at this rate...well, things may look up when I get to the middle since that's going to have a lot of new stuff. We shall hope so.

Blog Archive