The reasons for this blog: 1. To provide basic author information for students, teachers, librarians, etc. (Please see sidebar) 2. I think out loud a lot as I work through writing projects, and I'm trying to dump most of those thoughts here rather than on my friends.

Monday, September 29, 2008

No writing for three days. Today I picked up where I left off on Thurs., and as I was revising one of the characters did something that surprised me. It's not a huge event; he just says something that previously was said by another character. However, if he is the one who says it there will be ripple effects down the entire ms--so I had to go back, reluctantly, and reread from the start to try to make sure he really would say that at this point in the story. The jury is still out; my writing time has been a little curtailed lately so I didn't get all the way through. Maybe tomorrow I will figure it out. If not, I don't know what to do, because if I start guessing about character now it'll throw me off for the rest of the book.

Blog Archive