The reasons for this blog: 1. To provide basic author information for students, teachers, librarians, etc. (Please see sidebar) 2. I think out loud a lot as I work through writing projects, and I'm trying to dump most of those thoughts here rather than on my friends.

Monday, November 24, 2008

Busy day today; no writing yet and it's already dark out. I did talk to a writer friend, and in complaining was forced to verbalize what's currently bugging me about this WIP. However, no solutions leapt to mind.

Perhaps the thing to do is go over these first 13 or however many pages with a fine-toothed comb--or highlighters?--and cruelly mark everything that doesn't really matter. Somehow, I feel, I've got to get a grip on the heart of this thing.

I think I said I was going to be merciless yesterday, but I got sidetracked into research and since I never could find any of the details I needed, the whole writing day was pretty much a frustrating waste of time. I was hoping the details would give me focus--and I think they would have--but they just weren't out there.

Blog Archive