The reasons for this blog: 1. To provide basic author information for students, teachers, librarians, etc. (Please see sidebar) 2. I think out loud a lot as I work through writing projects, and I'm trying to dump most of those thoughts here rather than on my friends.

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Kind of busy today. Did a little bit of writing, worked into chapter two and went off on a small tangent--not a big one, and hopefully I can pull myself back into line tomorrow. I'm playing with a little bit of dialog, seeing what I can do to show more about the characters without getting stupid or losing track of who they are--always a danger for me, with a girl character.

In bigger news, I saw that the movie Troy was on, and ran to see the beginning fight scene, which I love, with Achilles' leopard-like grace and athletic economy. I love it when fight scenes are choreographed to character. Love the way this scene contrasts with the later one where Achilles tries to pull the same movement on Hector, poor good ol' Hector.

But it brought to mind my GN, and I was hit with a vague idea of what I need to do to get the story started off. Right now it starts with setting and world-building, and is very dull. But now I have an idea--not an exact one, but I think I'll be able to come up with something that will work. Whenever I get around to working on the GN.

Blog Archive