The reasons for this blog: 1. To provide basic author information for students, teachers, librarians, etc. (Please see sidebar) 2. I think out loud a lot as I work through writing projects, and I'm trying to dump most of those thoughts here rather than on my friends.

Monday, August 4, 2008

Interesting 2001 article by Robin Catesby. Says (this is my wording, not Catesby's) that sometimes the MC can't achieve both the outer goal and inner goal. The MC may not even be aware of the inner goal as the story starts. By the end the MC must choose whether to achieve the original, concrete goal, or the inner goal, which provides character growth. Catesby says it better than I do, and in more depth, and with examples. But anyway, hmm. Much to think about.

Obviously I haven't had any ideas since yesterday.

Blog Archive