The reasons for this blog: 1. To provide basic author information for students, teachers, librarians, etc. (Please see sidebar) 2. I think out loud a lot as I work through writing projects, and I'm trying to dump most of those thoughts here rather than on my friends.

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Got 2-3 scenes done (not sure how much, really, maybe one chapter, maybe two). Now I'm back to the problem of not knowing what comes next to keep the middle from sagging. I guess maybe tonight I'll try to look over the sagging chapters I have and see what info is conveyed in them. Then maybe I can try to figure out a better way to impart that info, keeping in mind that midpoint I'm working toward (which I still don't see how to handle with any pizazz) and also that things must keep happening. And also that agent suggested using the middle to develop the major character arcs, the world, and the minor characters.

Lordy, no w0nder I'm all at sea. I hope my subconscious gets to work on this, because my conscious mind can't juggle that much stuff. I want to be able to sit down and write something tomorrow, at least sketch out something basic to build on--and am trying not to worry that I'll be completely blank.

Blog Archive