The reasons for this blog: 1. To provide basic author information for students, teachers, librarians, etc. (Please see sidebar) 2. I think out loud a lot as I work through writing projects, and I'm trying to dump most of those thoughts here rather than on my friends.

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Worked on chapter 9, the chapter before the dad's death. I was dreading getting to work today, but it turned out okay--the chapter took a few minor turns I didn't expect, which is nice. Retitled the file again, because yesterday I gave the ms a new title (it's been missing one for maybe a year now) and that seemed to push me to sharpen the writing a little; I sharpened the beginning, when before I would have said it was already pretty sharp. I was surprised yesterday when I had the new title and then suddenly saw all these places with extra words, and places where a little rearranging would make the lines stronger.

Not thinking about the ending AT ALL. For the ending and every other horrible pressing matter that shall go unmentioned, I am a cross between an ostrich with my head in the ground, and Scarlett O'Hara refusing to think about anything right now. I am willing reality to disappear so I can work on this book.

Blog Archive