The reasons for this blog: 1. To provide basic author information for students, teachers, librarians, etc. (Please see sidebar) 2. I think out loud a lot as I work through writing projects, and I'm trying to dump most of those thoughts here rather than on my friends.

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Yesterday I looked at what I had and jotted a very brief chapter outline, 2-3 words per entry. The first chapter sprawls a bit, but after that, I could see what I need to do, where I'm wandering and need to cut to the chase. Perhaps a key reason I was able to do this is that I am moving toward a decision on the character's part now, rather than an action. The decision is to take action, but the difference between focusing on the choice rather than the action is really helping me this time around. So far, anyway.

Kind of busy here again, but I plan to get some writing in today. It's just that other things will have to be set aside to do it; things which probably shouldn't be set aside. Still, I do plan to write today. Yesterday I ended up pulling pieces from all over the (latest) earlier version and fitting them into a new chapter in this version. It all feels like it's working, or will work once it's revised and cleaned up.

Blog Archive