The reasons for this blog: 1. To provide basic author information for students, teachers, librarians, etc. (Please see sidebar) 2. I think out loud a lot as I work through writing projects, and I'm trying to dump most of those thoughts here rather than on my friends.

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Yesterday, worked on a section in the tough part, but toward the end slipped into trying to make the characters' actions and words fit the plot. So today I skipped ahead to what used to be the first chapter, but now is about 80 pages in. There I have been trying to write what the characters would do, not what I need them to do. Thus I now see the entire middle slipping away, joining the end that already slipped away, leaving me with a ms that no longer has even a skeleton of a plot to follow.

Blog Archive