The reasons for this blog: 1. To provide basic author information for students, teachers, librarians, etc. (Please see sidebar) 2. I think out loud a lot as I work through writing projects, and I'm trying to dump most of those thoughts here rather than on my friends.

Monday, July 20, 2009

Toyed with a small section in Chapter 4, which has gotten way too long again and will have to be cut back down sometime. Then I moved to the later scene that relates to 4, and tidied a few pieces there. Next, I pulled 2000-3000 words from a very old version of the ms and stuck them in the vicinity of the later scene. Last, I trimmed those 2-3K words down to around 1000. So I may be set up to move on now. It's all very messy, but the main thing is that I've got everyone mad at each other, so I hope the story will take off on its own, just a little, for a while. If I can keep a strong emotional conflict going, I won't worry so much about what's coming up and whether it's going to make sense as a book.

Blog Archive