The reasons for this blog: 1. To provide basic author information for students, teachers, librarians, etc. (Please see sidebar) 2. I think out loud a lot as I work through writing projects, and I'm trying to dump most of those thoughts here rather than on my friends.

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Worked on bridge scene--not a transitional scene, but a scene with an actual bridge in it. You know how sometimes you were just going to mention something (in this case, a bridge), but somehow the something takes on backstory and meaning and becomes its own scene? That's what happened here. I've had it for a while, and trimmed it up today, but I'm still not quite sure what exact point it wants to make to the reader. I think I understand now what the general idea of the point is, but if I'm not careful, I'll give too much away too soon. I'm not sure whether to try to figure it out right now, or leave it and move on to something else for the rest of the evening. Probably best to move on.

Blog Archive