The reasons for this blog: 1. To provide basic author information for students, teachers, librarians, etc. (Please see sidebar) 2. I think out loud a lot as I work through writing projects, and I'm trying to dump most of those thoughts here rather than on my friends.
Thursday, February 4, 2010
Hmm, just checked. I spent over two hours getting a very rough draft of 203 new words. That sounds pretty pathetic. But it's actually terrific, because I'm finally starting to cover this territory that must be covered. However, it could be end up being pathetic after all, if this ms is as boring as I'm afraid it might be.
*as opposed to just sketching some dialogue, or writing a main point out for future reference, or jotting down an image. I set the scene in my head and went through it from the MC's pov, thinking what to dwell on for the reader, what to point out, what needed to be mentioned to carry ideas that I want to echo slightly in the reader's head. Basically I spent two hours getting my MC to walk halfway across a room. I haven't even gotten her to the other side yet.**
**So I can't complain if I finish this ms then find out it truly is boring. I'm the one who's making it be about walking across a room. You reap what you sow.
- ► 2011 (100)
- Note to self: reread Elie Wiesel's Night
- Note to self: let it go; do your work.
- Still very busy, but once in a while I think about...
- No time to work on my own stuff, but I did glance ...
- I was very bad a few days ago, because I worked a ...
- Suddenly swamped. Multiple projects, overlapping d...
- Two things seem pretty clear to me today. One, I'...
- I've been working on my own writing about every ot...
- ▼ February (8)
- ► 2009 (282)