The reasons for this blog: 1. To provide basic author information for students, teachers, librarians, etc. (Please see sidebar) 2. I think out loud a lot as I work through writing projects, and I'm trying to dump most of those thoughts here rather than on my friends.
Friday, June 20, 2008
Let's see. She brings almost everybody into the same scene at once. I might be able to do that, but will it work? Because I'm thinking that what she mostly shows is who's married now and who has kids. That doesn't require much explanation; we've known these characters a long time and we already know what to expect and look for. Mine just seems more complicated; maybe that's because I'm too immersed in it and am overthinking. But it could be because I have to explain...OH!--I notice something. She uses a setting and scenario (kids off to school) we are very familiar with. We've seen it in the beginning of almost every book. I'm in a new setting, unfamiliar to the reader. My character has moved from an old life to a new one. Now, I was semi-thinking about bringing him back around home at the end; it feels like it might be the right thing. But it also feels kind of boring. However, I'm already bored because the story's over, so that might not mean anything.
Well. I dunno. Must mull it over. I can't write till late this afternoon anyway.
- ► 2011 (100)
- ► 2010 (90)
- ► 2009 (282)
- off to ALA
- anime movie
- Ms is off to agent. Right now I still see those tw...
- a little bit of business talk in here, sorry
- No writing today--too busy. I printed out the last...
- A writer friend suggests looking at Harry Potter 7...
- It looks like I may not get to write today, becaus...
- I went back and tried to fix a couple of spots tha...
- don't think, just write
- Fleshed out quite a bit of next-to-last chapter, t...
- I backed up and smoothed out a couple of chapters ...
- Yesterday was family-oriented, so no actual writin...
- today's mantra
- This swordfighting WIP has had ongoing problems wi...
- random writing-related thought
- Finished first draft of Printz speech. Muddled thr...
- ▼ June (17)