The reasons for this blog: 1. To provide basic author information for students, teachers, librarians, etc. (Please see sidebar) 2. I think out loud a lot as I work through writing projects, and I'm trying to dump most of those thoughts here rather than on my friends.
Monday, June 16, 2008
The entire point in starting this book was trying to write something with an actual plot. But that's expanded into trying to write something that rips along like crazy, so that the reader will have a hard time putting it down. While also keeping my interest in writing it, which is another matter entirely. It's been one h*ll of a stretch for me to write story and plot rather than character. I think maybe I haven't quite succeeded. But I'm learning a lot from it; pretty much every day I learn something or encounter a new problem that requires another stretch.
"I would rather have the two hundred and fifty-six imperfect books that mark the vectors of my journey through my art form than to have one perfect book that marks nothing but its own perfect self."--Barry Moser
- ► 2011 (100)
- ► 2010 (90)
- ► 2009 (282)
- off to ALA
- anime movie
- Ms is off to agent. Right now I still see those tw...
- a little bit of business talk in here, sorry
- No writing today--too busy. I printed out the last...
- A writer friend suggests looking at Harry Potter 7...
- It looks like I may not get to write today, becaus...
- I went back and tried to fix a couple of spots tha...
- don't think, just write
- Fleshed out quite a bit of next-to-last chapter, t...
- I backed up and smoothed out a couple of chapters ...
- Yesterday was family-oriented, so no actual writin...
- today's mantra
- This swordfighting WIP has had ongoing problems wi...
- random writing-related thought
- Finished first draft of Printz speech. Muddled thr...
- ▼ June (17)