The reasons for this blog: 1. To provide basic author information for students, teachers, librarians, etc. (Please see sidebar) 2. I think out loud a lot as I work through writing projects, and I'm trying to dump most of those thoughts here rather than on my friends.

Friday, June 20, 2008

No writing today--too busy. I printed out the last half and will do a readthrough tomorrow. I'm going to go ahead and forget about the last chapter for now; at least till I get back from CA. This is for marketing/selling/business reasons. I don't really intend to discuss that side of the business here, but the fact is, if you're trying to make a living at writing, the business stuff can heavily influence your decisions about when to send things in. A writer with a secondary source of income often has the luxury of being able to hang onto a ms and let it cool, where somebody like me does not. I have a handful of tricks to help ease this handicap (because it is one), and they can definitely speed up the writing/revision process, but they don't always make up the gap caused by not having time to see your ms with a completely fresh and clear eye.

Blog Archive