The reasons for this blog: 1. To provide basic author information for students, teachers, librarians, etc. (Please see sidebar) 2. I think out loud a lot as I work through writing projects, and I'm trying to dump most of those thoughts here rather than on my friends.

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Wrote a little on the thingee, then transferred what I've figured out to the first scene where that character appears. Works like a charm; now the guy is talking and interacting and saying things to indicate his state of mind, where before he was silent, unknowable, and generally fuzzy and difficult for the reader to pin down.

Now all the chapter breaks are shifting and scenes are changing focus and length and will have to be cut differently. Everything will have to be repaced to fit this new angle of approach. This is clearly going to be a major, major overhaul. Not quite from the ground up yet, but it's close, and it will definitely be from the ground up by the time I get to the middle third. Boy, I'm dreading that! I wish that by some miracle I could have some clue what I'm doing by then, but honestly, I don't see it happening.

Well, best not to think about that right now.

Blog Archive