The reasons for this blog: 1. To provide basic author information for students, teachers, librarians, etc. (Please see sidebar) 2. I think out loud a lot as I work through writing projects, and I'm trying to dump most of those thoughts here rather than on my friends.

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Pulled a bit out of the old version and started putting it into the new MC's pov and voice. I had forgotten that one thing that helped me figure out what NR was about was writing out an entire (bad) sequel. Something like 50K words of mostly unrelated figuring-out. But--here's the pertinent point--I'd also forgotten that I'd cannibalized parts of the bad sequel and put them in NR. Now I have to make sure I don't try to reuse them as I work through this ms. The bits I want to reuse are strong in my head, so it feels like I've already used them even if I haven't. It all feels so familiar.

I wonder if it's too soon to be working on this.

Blog Archive