The reasons for this blog: 1. To provide basic author information for students, teachers, librarians, etc. (Please see sidebar) 2. I think out loud a lot as I work through writing projects, and I'm trying to dump most of those thoughts here rather than on my friends.
Thursday, January 26, 2012
It occurs to me that now might be a good time to do some more side thingees from my main secondary character's POV, because in some of these dialogs I'm writing, he's beginning to spout information while I don't have a clue how he's feeling toward the people he's talking to, or in the scene in general.
OTOH, it also occurs to me that side thingees from a secondary character are even farther from the story and book than the current sprawling mess I've enmeshed myself in. I could end up miles away from my story and utterly lost.
Well, I think I will try a thingee or two and see what happens. Lord help me.
Today's mantra: Trust the process. Trust the process. Trust the process. Trust the process.
- Took about 30 minutes to work on my own stuff--wen...
- Instead of writing a new "thingee" for the main se...
- Still developing and fleshing out the pieces that ...
- Yesterday, pulled up chapter 11 and piddled around...
- At some point before I left for VT, I split chapte...
- Yesterday, worked on the first scene of chapter 11...
- Back to dystopian. Days ago I decided to clarify t...
- ▼ January (7)
- ► 2011 (100)
- ► 2010 (90)
- ► 2009 (282)