The reasons for this blog: 1. To provide basic author information for students, teachers, librarians, etc. (Please see sidebar) 2. I think out loud a lot as I work through writing projects, and I'm trying to dump most of those thoughts here rather than on my friends.
Sunday, October 30, 2011
Another thought/quote passed along by the friend who's been reading Alderson's book has turned out to be very helpful.
Re. the "threshhold" between beginning and middle*:
"When you find the scene that serves this purpose, rewrite it with the significance it deserves."
*See previous post
- Yeah, I think I'm getting through this tricky part...
- I went back over the lengthy transition, this time...
- The transition into the middle section has been to...
- No time to work on my own stuff. However, it seems...
- Taking a little time from other people's work so I...
- I was thinking about the part of the ms that's bot...
- I have been making my way through corrections, but...
- ▼ October (7)
- ► 2010 (90)
- ► 2009 (282)