The reasons for this blog: 1. To provide basic author information for students, teachers, librarians, etc. (Please see sidebar) 2. I think out loud a lot as I work through writing projects, and I'm trying to dump most of those thoughts here rather than on my friends.

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Worked long hours on dystopian ms. I rearranged chapter 3 a little, and carved a general shape for chapter 4, as well as a rougher shape for chapter 5. I used scenes and pieces of scenes I've already written, plus wrote new bits and compiled them with each other and with old bits, laying everything out to approximate where the finished scenes might end up. I'm mostly thinking of the general flow and trying to get it to work.

Basically I laid out what amounts to twenty-something pages (single-spaced), the bones of the first part of the story (after the first 2 1/2 chapters), so got a lot done.

Also wrote the last line, but I don't know if it'll stay that way.

Blog Archive