The reasons for this blog: 1. To provide basic author information for students, teachers, librarians, etc. (Please see sidebar) 2. I think out loud a lot as I work through writing projects, and I'm trying to dump most of those thoughts here rather than on my friends.

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Didn't have much writing time yesterday, and what I did have was cr*ppily spent, retreading the same fairly meaningless scene over and over, trying to get it to mean something. In that line of scenes, the MC seemed to be growing increasingly well-disposed toward a stranger that he'd given shelter, and I thought about the larger picture and understood that the MC needed to be moving from not wanting anything to do with the stranger, to letting the stranger stay with him. The problem was that there was no believable reason on this earth that he'd rethink his decision not to let the stranger--who has nothing to offer--stay on. Finally gave up and admitted I should put it aside and get some of this other stuff done and not work on it anymore till I had some distance or some inspiration.

Then I woke up at 2 in the morning and as I stumbled out of bed to get a drink of water without stepping on the cat, I realized that the stranger asks to stay. D'oh.

Blog Archive