The reasons for this blog: 1. To provide basic author information for students, teachers, librarians, etc. (Please see sidebar) 2. I think out loud a lot as I work through writing projects, and I'm trying to dump most of those thoughts here rather than on my friends.

Friday, September 11, 2009

Trying to work myself up to writing. Am suddenly overwhelmed with the pointlessness of it all. I look at the ms and think, WTF am I doing?

Nobody's going to care. Nobody's interested in your puttering around in boring subtleties of personal relationships. They might be interested if you'd kill somebody off, or have characters beat each other up. But what you're writing is about as interesting to read as a checkbook ledger. You might as well spend your time watching reruns of Wife Swap. That'll be more fun, and you won't have to labor over something that nobody's ever going to care to read anyway. The end result will be the same whether you work on your stupid ms or not. Go on, give in, plunk yourself down in front of the TV with the remote. Go on--give in to Wife Swap!

Okay, enough of that. To work, dammit! Mush! Mush!

Blog Archive