The reasons for this blog: 1. To provide basic author information for students, teachers, librarians, etc. (Please see sidebar) 2. I think out loud a lot as I work through writing projects, and I'm trying to dump most of those thoughts here rather than on my friends.

Thursday, January 22, 2009

My e-mail is broken. Apparently it is very difficult for me to write at all unless I can check e-mail first. It took me a good 2-3 hours to settle in, where normally I can get to it pretty quickly in the morning.

Anyway, I fleshed out some of the beginning, rearranged a few things, and thought of a couple of points to make that will provide structure and tension. It also occurred to me as I jotted down a snippet of dialogue, that if I go that direction (the direction the snippet leads in), at least part of the MC's inner journey will parallel one of the other character's journey, and there's tension, conflict and change all set up, from the first chapter. I don't know if this will work out, but it would be nice if it did.

Off to tutor.

Blog Archive