The reasons for this blog: 1. To provide basic author information for students, teachers, librarians, etc. (Please see sidebar) 2. I think out loud a lot as I work through writing projects, and I'm trying to dump most of those thoughts here rather than on my friends.

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Did get some of my own writing in tonight, of course at the expense of something else--in this case, tutoring paperwork. But I also got my latest w-f-h project turned in. It was a little alarming how I suddenly went blank on how to write these little pieces, but I guess since I've come up with 20 or so new ideas in the past few weeks and worked them out to specs, maybe it's not a sign of impending senility that my brain froze. I usually don't think like that at all; I'm more of a long-distance writer, a marathoner who chews on one idea for years, rather than a sprinter with lots of short little creative bursts.

It's weird, though, to stare at paper and suddenly not know how to start, although you've done it 20 times already.

Anyway, in my own WIP I sort of sketched out a full scene today--it was a bunch of loose ends, but I pulled some of them together and moved the leftovers back down the storyline with notes as to where they can fit in, re. the next couple of chapters. So, forward progress. Just, you know, no money on the very immediate horizon and nothing done on tutoring. So really, from a practical, bird-in-the-hand point of view, today was actually a bust. However, I refuse to think about that.

My g*d, I hope some of my forward progress on my WIP will stick. I'm so tired of writing and then months later having to chunk it all. However, I won't think about that right now. Instead, I will go clean the gerbil cage.

Blog Archive