The reasons for this blog: 1. To provide basic author information for students, teachers, librarians, etc. (Please see sidebar) 2. I think out loud a lot as I work through writing projects, and I'm trying to dump most of those thoughts here rather than on my friends.

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Was thinking about the multiple viewpoint issue, and it hit me that one thing the character learns over the course of the book is that the people he hates have valid reasons for what they believe and do, unpleasant though those reasons may be. So it would be undercutting dramatic tension and his character arc to have multiple viewpoints--in other words, if the reader already knows what the MC doesn't, I've lost some great opportunities to reveal and surprise. At least, that's how I see it today.

Blog Archive