The reasons for this blog: 1. To provide basic author information for students, teachers, librarians, etc. (Please see sidebar) 2. I think out loud a lot as I work through writing projects, and I'm trying to dump most of those thoughts here rather than on my friends.

Monday, February 2, 2009

Today I worked on getting characters from point A to point B, never my favorite thing to do, but only annoying today because I know how limited my writing time is and will be for at least a short while. With this part, I tried to just skip it and leave it for later, but the places the characters pass by all come up again in the story, and some are important to later action while others are important to backstory and motivation. So I felt unable to move on until I at least got this movement sketched out. Which I did, and now I feel okay about skipping a little ahead to scenes with things happening, with people and dialogue. Except I ran out of time, and had to quit right as I had to decide where to skip to.

I have an opportunity to send a sample/audition for a project that will be very time-consuming, but that will also pay well, so I have to get that done; I'll say within two weeks. But first I need to look at the project description and figure out what questions I have about it, and that will take time and also require some background reading (I've already started that). But I'm betting that I shouldn't discuss this project here, so I will try not to.

I sent the first pages of the new version of the swordfighting ms to a writer friend, who says it does read differently from the old version--of course it is different because the scenes are not the same in any way, but WF says it also has a different feel to it. I was curious as to whether the difference I feel as I write is coming out on paper, and apparently it is.

Blog Archive