The reasons for this blog: 1. To provide basic author information for students, teachers, librarians, etc. (Please see sidebar) 2. I think out loud a lot as I work through writing projects, and I'm trying to dump most of those thoughts here rather than on my friends.

Saturday, January 10, 2009

I need to start work on the next set of w-f-h. Really need to, to have a better chance of staying on schedule. It would be the responsible thing to do. A responsible breadwinner would certainly do it.

However, I'm going to be deliciously bad and not do it, and I'm not going to work on my own stuff, either. I think I might like to work on my swordfighting WIP--I would like to sit down and write something fun and loose, just for pleasure--but I have the whole thing so straitjacketed by plot/outline that I don't know what would be fun and pleasurable to write about it.* So I'm not going to write at all today. A writer friend sent me some DVDs and books, and I'm either going to watch a movie or read. Like, sit down and do these things rather than snatch a moment while scarfing down a quick meal before I get back to work.

And I'm going to try not to feel bad about this, because I have spent every spare second this week sitting at the computer working as hard as I can, as long as I can.




*It's starting to seem very possible (perhaps even likely) that I may be working myself around to chunking most of what I have--many tens of thousands of words on paper, hundreds of thousands more written and revised, I'm guessing three+ years worth of labor--and starting from scratch. If it must be, it must be. If that's what the ms requires, whining and denial will only delay the inevitable and waste months or years. But I don't know yet if that's really what I'm facing. If I get some kind of spark about the ms, if I get some little bit of fire driving me to put something on paper, that would give me a clue. We shall see.

Blog Archive