The reasons for this blog: 1. To provide basic author information for students, teachers, librarians, etc. (Please see sidebar) 2. I think out loud a lot as I work through writing projects, and I'm trying to dump most of those thoughts here rather than on my friends.

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

It's hard to write when there's all kinds of outside stuff going on. I don't mean chores and errands, but things that suck out and use all my focus and mental/emotional energy. Like right now, I have one very specific window of opportunity to write today, and this is it. But it looks like I'm going to have to almost physically remove my head from my shoulders to break its connections with all the other non-WIP stuff that's going on. Tutoring. More publisher layoffs. W-f-h. I'm trying to pull up my WIP and get to work, but I look at what I did yesterday and it reads like Greek or Chinese. I'm totally at sea, when yesterday I was in a good groove. I have to somehow shake all this other stuff--which is actually more important than piddling around on a ms that has zero practical use for anyone and takes up time that should be spent being a responsible breadwinner--and work anyway.

So. Deep breath. Must. Get. Head. In. Gear. NOW.

Blog Archive