The reasons for this blog: 1. To provide basic author information for students, teachers, librarians, etc. (Please see sidebar) 2. I think out loud a lot as I work through writing projects, and I'm trying to dump most of those thoughts here rather than on my friends.

Friday, June 13, 2008

today's mantra

I just realized that I said I'd have this ms done--a decent first draft--before I leave for ALA on the 27th. I also just realized that today is the 13th. I thought I had at least three weeks; nope, I have less than two weeks, which is even less than it looks because I have to get the family and house set for my absence, plus the usual family things, plus several writing-related obligations. Even though I may not make this particular writing goal, I'm d*mn sure going to try. As usual, there is little choice but to try. If I can't handle this sort of pressure, well, they're always taking applications at Walmart.

I have several writing mantras, to be pulled out for various occasions. This is a clear case of "Don't think, just write."

Blog Archive