The reasons for this blog: 1. To provide basic author information for students, teachers, librarians, etc. (Please see sidebar) 2. I think out loud a lot as I work through writing projects, and I'm trying to dump most of those thoughts here rather than on my friends.

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

testing

This is meant to be a daily journal of a working writer. However, I have not written yet today. I futzed around getting this blog set up instead, then went to do family stuff. Now we're back from the family stuff, and I think the blog may indeed be set up. Now I'm thinking I'll chip away at my Printz honor speech, then dig in on the Ending From Hell for my swordfighting WIP.

I have the skeleton for the ending; I know what is going to happen over the last five or however many chapters. I feel fairly sure there's nothing to be done but power my way through it and let it be horribly, horribly wrong in a million different ways, which I will try to fix over the next weeks by going down (and thus eliminating) every dead end known to mankind. The big scary question is, is this skeleton even the right one to flesh out in the first place? I know for sure this question will not be answered today.

And so to work.

Blog Archive