The reasons for this blog: 1. To provide basic author information for students, teachers, librarians, etc. (Please see sidebar) 2. I think out loud a lot as I work through writing projects, and I'm trying to dump most of those thoughts here rather than on my friends.
Friday, March 30, 2012
So I moved a wee crucial piece of that second-person stuff to right before the MC makes his climatic decision. I will figure out exactly what to do with it later; probably it will turn into dialog.
Now that it's in place, though, the ending scenes are starting to feel less blobby in my head. Now the plot-story ending-sequence of scenes and the internal-story ending-sequence are starting to be the same thing. It's a very nebulous and sketchy same thing, but the point is that scenes are lining up less blobbily and I can now see that both types of story will be happening in each one.
I have no idea how this came about, but there it is. I believe I now have the nebulous and sketchy building blocks to make the book work.
As a writer friend likes to say: Trust the process.
- Worked on other projects today, then in the evenin...
- Started trimming and fixing the second-person inte...
- Have been jumping around forcing myself to write t...
- Today, nearly put myself to sleep writing out plot...
- Cleared out and streamlined parts of chapters 13- ...
- Have decided to not think about the main secondary...
- Random thinking... I passed by the TV as Harry Po...
- Work on WIP came to a roaring halt when I pulled i...
- ▼ March (8)
- ► 2011 (100)
- ► 2010 (90)
- ► 2009 (282)