The reasons for this blog: 1. To provide basic author information for students, teachers, librarians, etc. (Please see sidebar) 2. I think out loud a lot as I work through writing projects, and I'm trying to dump most of those thoughts here rather than on my friends.
Saturday, March 24, 2012
I have nearly 100,000 words of this ms. There is no excuse for spending months and months and months spinning my wheels when most of it is already there on the page. So I'm going to try to be very strict with myself about this.
I do use outlines, but along the way, as a writing tool. They're not something I follow, but something that helps me step back and see the big picture all laid out at once. This is the outline I have from chapter 13 on:
3. P. visit
6. P. has it
7. find out K.
8. blank (may be backstory; I know I'll need something here so the reader can absorb 7)
10. Night attack
11. take K. in
12. T. attack
14. on to P.
15. climax/end sequence
So I've got this all laid out (cryptically, but I'm the only one who needs to understand it, and I do), and all I bloody well have to do right now is fill out these scenes where stuff happens. That is all. And it's what I'm going to do.
- Worked on other projects today, then in the evenin...
- Started trimming and fixing the second-person inte...
- Have been jumping around forcing myself to write t...
- Today, nearly put myself to sleep writing out plot...
- Cleared out and streamlined parts of chapters 13- ...
- Have decided to not think about the main secondary...
- Random thinking... I passed by the TV as Harry Po...
- Work on WIP came to a roaring halt when I pulled i...
- ▼ March (8)
- ► 2011 (100)
- ► 2010 (90)
- ► 2009 (282)