The reasons for this blog: 1. To provide basic author information for students, teachers, librarians, etc. (Please see sidebar) 2. I think out loud a lot as I work through writing projects, and I'm trying to dump most of those thoughts here rather than on my friends.
Friday, October 15, 2010
I moved randomly over chapters five, six, and seven (and parts of three), just doing whatever I felt like doing. The biggest thing I accomplished was seeing what the main throughlines were--the main emotional point in each scene and section--then removing the clutter of backstory and side issues. That was a big relief. I clipped all the excess out (in pieces) and stuck it on the end of the ms where it'll be out of the way. Later I'll have to figure out where it all can go without draining energy and momentum. Right now the focus is on getting these chapters right and readable. I hope I'm one step closer to that, but of course will have to wait and see.
I don't know why things fall into place more easily on some days than on others. Last week I hadn't so much as glanced at the ms in weeks, yet couldn't see it as clearly as I saw it today. Or as clearly as I think I saw it--like I said, I'll have to wait and see.
- ► 2011 (100)
- I haven't had time to work on any of my own writin...
- Yesterday I spent a disproportionate amount of tim...
- Yesterday I chopped and moved things, and have som...
- Looks like I need to abandon my skipping-ahead ide...
- Yesterday I skipped ahead and wrote a scene where ...
- Am trying to get a grip on larger picture of ms us...
- ▼ October (6)
- ► 2009 (282)