The reasons for this blog: 1. To provide basic author information for students, teachers, librarians, etc. (Please see sidebar) 2. I think out loud a lot as I work through writing projects, and I'm trying to dump most of those thoughts here rather than on my friends.

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

I couldn't get the Story From Hell finished Sunday (lord knows I tried), so yesterday I got up early to try and finish it before 9 a.m. New York time. I set the alarm for five, but decided I'd get up as early as four. In the morning. To write. Egad.

So I woke at four, got up and dressed, ate breakfast--and then realized I'd accidentally reset the time on my clock as I was setting the alarm. So I'd gotten up at 3:00 a.m, not 4.

No point in going back to bed, so I went to work. Still didn't finish by open of NY business day--but the first draft is done and turned in. I expect it back today for at least one rewrite.

Still have to rewrite other story and get that in, too. Plus packets have started. Also, I have Conspiracy of Kings in my grubby little paws now, but don't want to start it till I at least get these rewrites in.

Agent is still waiting for first chapter of dystopia ms. I've probably actually got it, but it needs to be fixed and molded into a real chapter with a chapter ending and everything. Plus, I need to write down the general idea of the story--which I also have, just not in a form anybody else could easily understand. I am very reluctant to do a synopsis or outline for this, because this time I'm trying a different method of meshing my writing process with a more plot-driven outlook. What I'd like to do is list the separate storylines (because I know what they are, just not how they'll fit together) and not try to smush them into a certain order. I don't know if that'll fly, though.