The reasons for this blog: 1. To provide basic author information for students, teachers, librarians, etc. (Please see sidebar) 2. I think out loud a lot as I work through writing projects, and I'm trying to dump most of those thoughts here rather than on my friends.

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Worked on former GN today. Am formulating and collecting ideas about what to do with the swordfighting ms by discussing approaches to plot problems with various writer friends. I was thinking about changing the ms structure re. timelines, but after discussion it hit me that maybe looking at pov changes would be better (alternating pov's?), and then I thought perhaps I'd better back off and think through character again, to get a grip on what everybody wants and whether anybody's story arc weighs heavier than the others, or if they all weigh equally, and what all this ought to mean in terms of approaching the ms.

That's what I was thinking about. But I worked on the former GN, trying to bring more scenes into line, into a readable and reasonably booklike flow.

Blog Archive