The reasons for this blog: 1. To provide basic author information for students, teachers, librarians, etc. (Please see sidebar) 2. I think out loud a lot as I work through writing projects, and I'm trying to dump most of those thoughts here rather than on my friends.

Thursday, August 5, 2010

To quote Scooby Doo: Ruh-roh. No work done yesterday, and only 800 the day before.

However, this presents me with a good challenging exercise, because what I must do is quit pausing to ensure that events and characters are following the world's rules and making sense in the context I've been given. I need to just start writing the damn story. So that's my challenge to myself: if I come to a place where I don't know my given parameters, then instead of stopping to figure out exactly what they are and how write within them, I need to put a placeholder. I need to leave that spot blank and move on.

This is also probably what I need to do with the dystopian ms, so it ought to be excellent practice. If I can stick with it.