The reasons for this blog: 1. To provide basic author information for students, teachers, librarians, etc. (Please see sidebar) 2. I think out loud a lot as I work through writing projects, and I'm trying to dump most of those thoughts here rather than on my friends.

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

I only had an hour to work on my WIP today, and I ended up concentrating on a couple of paragraphs in the middle. Then time was up, and I had to quit. It looks like there won't be time to work tonight because son #3 needs help with a paper that's due tomorrow. Last night I made things worse by forgetting to help carefully, and I drove the kid to that brick wall of stuckness that makes autism a such a pain. When I'm doing my own writing and rewriting and thinking about writing, my brain leaps around from thought to thought, like "what's the point of this sentence--wait, doesn't this go with that sentence down there--that word's not strong enough, what's a better one--wait, what's the main idea again--oh yeah, so then this doesn't work, maybe it needs to be deleted--no, if this phrase is cut it makes sense after all...". I have a bad tendency, when I'm talking to other people about writing, to forget to turn on the brakes and the internal censor. I braked and censored last night, but first too little, and then too late. So tonight I have to do better.

It is possible that we can break down the paper and sort out what son needs to write for the pieces of it, in a way where he absorbs the concept he's supposed to learn, and I could have time left for WIP. But probably not.

Blog Archive