The reasons for this blog: 1. To provide basic author information for students, teachers, librarians, etc. (Please see sidebar) 2. I think out loud a lot as I work through writing projects, and I'm trying to dump most of those thoughts here rather than on my friends.

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Was talking with writer friends about "endowed objects," and suddenly noticed something about my story. I noticed that a flower-shaped button in my ms* has always been yellow, in my head, which is weird because I'm not a color person, and don't have a lot of interest in describing things by color. Then I recalled that when I was trying to work out how one of my characters who has a type of synesthesia perceives other people's emotions--in other words, I was playing around trying to get a feel for his multi-sensory takes on certain emotions--hope was yellow. In fact, as it stands now, that multi-sensory description of hope is set to be the last line of the book. And then I noticed that the girl who finds, owns, cherishes, then gives away the button has yellow hair. Not "blond," "yellow."

So, hmm. It's too bad my conscious can't write as well as my subconscious.



*Or rather, it will be in my ms, whenever I get that part written.